What are the Identification Documents required for a NCCHC application?

September 30, 2022 |

Each applicant has to submit four types of photo identification documents from three categories as stated below (Post changes as on 1st July 2018).

  • ONE from “Commencement of Identity”,
  • ONE from “Primary Use In The Community”,
  • TWO from “Secondary Use In The Community”.

The four documents together are called “Minimum Identity Requirement”. You will also need to submit a self-captured photo of yourself with your photo ID to support your application.

Each provided document may be used only once. Your name, address & date of birth must match across all four of the identity documents. Documents submitted must not be expired. The authenticity of these documents will be checked through an authorized ID verifier also ensuring that your personal information stays personal.

Commencement of Identity

  • Full Australian Birth Certificate (not an extract or birth card).
  • Australian Passport (up to 2 years expired passports accepted)
  • Australian Visa current at time of entry to Australia as a resident or tourist.
  • ImmiCard issued by Department of Home Affairs (previously the Department of Immigration and Border Protection) that enables the cardholder to prove their visa and/or migration status and enrol in services.
  • Certificate of Identity issued by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to refugees and non-Australian citizens for entry to Australia.
  • Document of Identity issued by DFAT to Australian citizens or persons who have the nationality of a Commonwealth country for travel purposes.
  • Certificate of Evidence of Resident Status.
  • Australian Citizenship Certificate.

Primary Use in the Community

  • Australian Drivers Licence, learner permit or provisional licence issued by a state or territory, showing a signature and/or photo and the same name as claimed.
  • Australian Marriage Certificate issued by a state or territory (church or celebrant-issued certificates are not accepted).
  • Passport issued by a country other than Australia with a valid entry stamp or visa.
  • Proof of Age or Photo Identity Card issued by an Australian Government agency in the name of the applicant, with a signature and photo.
  • Shooters or Firearms Licence showing a signature and photo (not minor or junior permit or licence).
  • Student Identification Card containing a signature or photo for persons under 18 years of age with no other Part B documents.

Secondary Use in the Community

  • Certificate of Identity issued by DFAT.
  • Document of Identity issued by DFAT.
  • Convention Travel Document Secondary (United Nations) issued by DFAT.
  • Foreign Government Issued Documents (for example, drivers licence).
  • Medicare Card.
  • Enrolment with the Australian Electoral Commission.
  • Security Guard or Crowd Control Photo Licence.
  • Evidence of Right to an Australian Government Benefit (Centrelink or Veterans’ Affairs).
  • Consular Photo Identity Card issued by DFAT.
  • Photo identity card issued by the Australian Defence Force.
  • Photo identity card issued by the Australian Government or a state or territory government.
  • Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
  • Maritime Security Identification Card(MSIC).
  • Credit Reference Check.
  • Australian Tertiary Student Photo Identity Document.
  • Australian Secondary Student Photo Identity Document.
  • certified Academic Transcript from an Australian university.
  • Trusted Referees Report.
  • Bank card, credit card or bank statement.
  • State/territory government rates assessment notice or Australian Taxation Office assessment notice.
  • Australian Utility Bill showing name and address.
  • Australian Private Health Insurance Card.
  • Australian Trade Association Card.