March 2018 onwards, there are different occupations lists for multiple visa programs in Skilled Migration. Based on the changes in the Australian Labour Market, and the fluctuating demand for occupations in Australia, Australian Immigration updates the lists.
Let us have a look at the occupation lists:
- MLTSSL or Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List
- STSOL or Short-term Skilled Occupation List
- ROL or Regional Occupation List
Now about the legislative instruments:
- Legislative instrument IMMI 18/051 consists of MLTSSL, SLTSOL, and ROL for the Subclasses 189, 489, 190, and 485 programs.
- Similarly, the instrument IMMI 18/048 has the MLTSSL, STSOL, and ROL lists for the Subclass 482 visa program.
- Further, the instrument 18/049 has the MLTSSL list for Subclass 186 visa.
- IMMI 18/043 consists of the MLTSSL and ROL lists for the Subclass 187 visa.
- Legislative instrument IMMI 18/050 has the MLTSSL, STSOL and ROL lists for the Subclass 407 visa.
Applicants have to find out the relevant list, according to the visa program, they want to apply for. The Regional Occupation List is reviewed regularly, in alignment with the changes in the STSOL and MLTSSL.
STSOL v/s MLTSSL v/s ROL
The TSS Visa or Temporary Skill Shortage includes both short-term and medium-term streams. If employers want to recruit temporary overseas skilled workers in occupations that are listed on the STSOL for two years, then the short-term stream is for them. There is a possibility to availing a two-year extension. There is no eligibility to apply for Permanent Residence in Australia.
When employers want to source highly skilled workers from overseas and fill crucial occupations included in the MLTSSL for up to four years, then they go for the medium-term stream. The MLTSSL offers the eligibility to apply for PR post three years.
For highly skilled workers from overseas, who are recruited in regional areas, there is the ROL, which works just like the STSOL and the MLTSSL. There is a four-year visa with a pathway for Australia PR.
SearchMyANZSCOis a powerful tool for Australian Migration Agents, which helps them streamline their workflow, and drive up their productivity.
SearchMyANZSCO helps agents with data on the various occupation lists for Skilled Migration to Australia. Agents can use this data to assist clients and find out more about their eligibility for Australia Immigration and present Visa status.
The SearchMyANZSCO tool can be incorporated and added to any website, thereby helping agents look professional and helpful to their clients. We also have different tools for Visa fee calculation, points test calculations, and state-wise particular needs for Visa and more.
SearchMyANZSCO increases efficiency, streamlines workflow, saves time, keeps agents updated with list changes, and depends on accurate, well-maintained data. It is truly an indispensable tool for Australian Migration agents.